The most important thing to understand about Tuvens is that we are opposed to the advertising model of the internet. The advertising model used by other social networks requires ever greater forms of invasiveness and surveillance. Aside from the political and social implications of this erosion of privacy, where a handful of people collect the secrets of the masses, this model also creates dangerous addictive tendencies. Since advertising requires people to look at their screens, social media platforms are incentivised to make their apps and websites as addictive as possible, disrupting our thought processes and causes psychological and emotional harm through social status anxiety and depression.
Tuvens will therefore always be transaction-based. We will never collect more data than we require to process a service you purchase or to maintain the normal functioning of your account.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://tuvens.com.
Tuvens.com is owned and administered by Tuvens Ltd, a registered company based in Ireland. We are a team of web professionals who have a passion for community building and want to make it easier for people to connect around their shared goals.
You can contact us via the contact form on our website or on any social media channel, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Links to our social channels are in the footer.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
At Tuvens.com, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. We aim to be 100% transparent with our privacy model, and to make privacy an intuitive and accessible function of social networking. We believe that other social networks play lip-service to privacy in public while their real position is that privacy doesn’t exist online. That is not true. Privacy is important, and as social networks we have a responsibility to ensure that people who entrust us with their personal data have a reasonable idea of how to manage it and how we use it, no matter how complicated it gets. “It’s complicated” is not an answer we tolerate.
Personal Data Collected
- email address
- Personal account preferences
- Date of Birth
- IP address
- Phone number
- Profile pictures
We do not collect or retain any sensitive personal data, such as data concerning health or financial records.
We collect and retain data only as pertains to supporting you to connect with other people on the platform, to promote your events or events you state that you are attending. In the case of account information, such as your date of birth, we only collect this data in order to comply with regulations around age of consent.
The first thing to note is that our privacy model is novel, but simple. We can summarise it in the following points:
- We do not monetize via advertising and we will never sell your personal identifiable data to third-parties.
- We will never collect information that we are not required to collect by law or that we do not need to manage your account.
- Privacy from individuals: Friends can see your basic profile information and contact you, and you can block other members (Note: This function is not available in beta).
- You decide who gets to see your basic profile information and who gets to message you privately by increasing or decreasing your privacy for each of the communities you are part of. What this means in practice is that in order to see your profile or any of your content other members need to get enough endorsements from people in the communities that you are open to. And you can block entire communities by rating setting your openness to zero. (Note: This function is not available in beta).
Comments & References
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
- We don’t collect personal information unless it is needed (ex, newsletter)
- We don’t share your personal information except to comply with the law
- We don’t store your personal information on our servers unless it’s required to operate one of our website services (e.g. user accounts)
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
- Disable Cookies in Chrome
- Disable Cookies in Firefox
- Disable Cookies in Safari
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
Tuvens does maintain a newsletter which visitors may signup for voluntarily using the subscription form in out footer and at the end of blog posts. To subscribe you must confirm your subscription using the double-optin form on sign up, or by changing your email preferences in the account settings page. Tuvens does not share this information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We also store the personal information members provide in their user profile. All members can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How to contact us
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.